Fullerton CA Sexual Harassment Lawyer
In Fullerton CA Sexual Harassment must be prevented by an employer. An employer is obligated to take all reasonable steps to prevent it. This includes posting mandatory information about the prevention of Sexual Harassment and information about your employer’s internal complaint process. Not all employers meet their legal obligation to prevent Sexual Harassment. Complaints can go ignored and the victim can even be targeted for Retaliation.
What is Sexual Harassment?
- When a boss or a manager offers or threatens employment or promotions in exchange for unwanted sex.
- It doesn’t have to be physical or verbal and can happen with actions, gestures, photos, posters, notes, leering looks and innuendos.
- It is not limited by gender or sexual orientation.
- Women and men can cause or be the victims of Sexual Harassment.
- It can occur with a single act, or through a series of acts during any work-related event, activity or function.
There are two types of Sexual Harassment:
Quid pro quo Sexual Harassment: Sleep with me to get or keep your job. Quid pro quo Sexual Harassment is the one most people think of (a favor given or expected in return for something). This happens when your supervisor requires you to provide sex to get the job, a promotion, benefits, or even to keep your job.
Hostile Work Environment Sexual Harassment: You want me to touch WHAT? Hostile Work Environment Sexual Harassment happens when harassing acts are so severe (disgusting to the average person) or pervasive (again and again and again …) that it makes work impossible for you. Your supervisor, co-workers, and even those under you can do the things that cause Hostile Work Environment. Some examples are, slurs, taunts, intimidation, ridicule, groping, grabbing, porn on the computer, or graphic descriptions of weekend sex.
Economic and emotional damages usually occur when these laws are violated. If you believe you have been the victim of Sexual Harassment it is important that you protect your case. In Fullerton CA Sexual Harassment and Retaliation should not force you to quit. Get help instead. We know how to fight against Sexual Harassment. We won’t pressure you and we won’t tell your employer. Call Hogie & Campbell for a Free Consultation at (714) 508-6422.