Some Evidence Needed to Protect Your Case.
You can make a difference! There are key evidentiary items that are almost always important to protect your case, employment law cases are no different. You can help strengthen your case and protect your rights by following these instructions:
- Make a list of all witnesses. Ask co-workers and others if they heard or saw the discriminatory event. Things like discriminatory remarks or behavior, comments, threats, sexual touching, assault, or battery. Get their contact information (full name, cell phone number, personal email). We can use this to get written statements before their memories fade or they decide they “don’t recall.”
- Obtain copies of all documents relevant to your employment (not trade secrets or confidential company information). Make copies of: emails, job reviews, contracts, employment agreements, time cards, hours worked, etc. There may be a key e-mail that identifies a salary increase you have received, documents that show discrimination or harassment, or copies of your complaints to a manager or HR. Saving, copying or printing out documents may ultimately help to strengthen your case.
- Record the dates and times of events. The best time to record something in writing is when it happened. Write down exactly what was said or what happened. Keep a log of events with times, places and people involved.
- Write HR or management. If you have been harassed or discriminated against, write (don’t call) HR. If your company has an a policy to address harassment or discrimination in place (most employers do), you may be required to report any unlawful harassment or discrimination with Human Resources. This is often the classic “double edged sword” because the employee feels that if he or she reports harassment by a supervisor, a co-worker or an executive, the company will retaliate and fire him or her or force him or her to quit. We can help you determine the best way to tell HR.
- Take Action, Contact us. Our fees are usually paid by a percentage of the recovery (contingency).
If you believe you may have been the victim of discrimination, harassment, retaliation or a wrongful termination, get help! We know how to fight against discrimination, harassment, retaliation and wrongful termination. We will help protect your case. We won’t pressure you and we won’t tell your employer. Call Hogie & Campbell for a Free Consultation at (714) 508-6422.
Hogie & Campbell | Employment Lawyers
Areas We Serve
Aliso Viejo, Anaheim, Brea, Buena Park, Costa Mesa, Coto de Caza, Cypress, Dana Point, Fountain Valley, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Irvine, La Habra, La Palma, Ladera Ranch, Las Flores, Laguna Beach, Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, Laguna Woods, Lake Forest, Los Alamitos, Mission Viejo, Newport Beach, Newport Coast, Orange, Placentia, Rancho Santa Margarita, San Clemente, San Juan Capistrano, Santa Ana, Seal Beach, Stanton, Tustin, Villa Park, Westminster and Yorba Linda. As well as, all of Orange County, Riverside County, Los Angeles County, San Bernardino County and the Greater Southern California Area.